UV-LED curing advantages
UV-LED curing has quite a few advantages that will make it replace mercury vapour lamps.
- LEDs emit a narrow spectrum of wavelength. Mercury vapour lamps emit a much broader spectrum. A UV-paint requires curing at a specific wavelength and UV-LED curing is therefore more efficient.
- UV-LED curing requires far less energy than mercury vapour lamps.
- UV-LEDs have a long lifetime of 20.000 hours. Mercury vapour lamps have to be replaced after 400 hours
- UV-LEDs have no warm up time (instant on/off).
- UV-LEDs experience hardly any light intensity degradation in comparison to mercury vapour lamps.
- UV-Leds contain no hazardous chemicals.
- UV-LEDs emit a consistent wavelength.